Your Rights In Connecticut Workers’ Compensation
When you have been hurt on the job, it’s important to learn about your rights and the benefits you may be entitled to receive according to Connecticut’s workers’ compensation laws.
At Sousa & Minogue, LLC, we strive to educate and empower our clients regarding their rights. We urge you to consult with our Shelton law firm to learn more about how we can help you obtain compensation, including disability payments, permanency awards and settlements.
SETTLED! An injured worker at Allegheny Ludlum Corporation settled the case for $235,000.
Obtaining Millions Of Dollars In Recoveries For Injured Connecticut Workers
While most employees are familiar with the concept of workers’ compensation benefits, many workers, perhaps even you, hesitate to claim their rightful benefits after they have been hurt on the job. You may not realize the long-term impact the injury can have on your lifestyle and career.
SETTLED! An injured worker at Sikorsky Aircraft settled the case for $110,000.
When you consult Sousa & Minogue, LLC, our Connecticut workers’ compensation attorneys will be able to help you answer the following questions and concerns:
- Why hire a workers’ compensation attorney? We can help you understand the benefits of hiring a workers’ compensation attorney when you have been injured on the job. We will explain to you the process and requirements to obtain workers’ compensation payments, including benefits for medical treatment.
- Accidents. Whether your injuries were directly related to the behavior of your employer or co-workers or resulted from subcontractors or another third party, our lawyers will vigorously represent your rights in your workers’ compensation case. We help Connecticut workers who have been hurt in UPS workplace accidents, trucking company workplace accidents, Sikorsky workplace accidents, municipal workplace accidents, etc.
- Injuries. We recognize how serious our clients’ injuries can be when they have been hurt on the job. As your advocates, we aggressively pursue compensation for you if you are suffering from repetitive work injuries, traumatic work injuries, heart and hypertension issues, back and neck injuries, construction injuries, mental health issues related to your injury and other debilitating medical conditions.
- Fatal workplace accidents. If your loved one has been fatally injured at work or died as a result of injuries suffered on the job, we can help you understand your rights to obtain workers’ compensation benefits and compensation through a wrongful death claim for lost wages, funeral expenses, and other financial and emotional damages you have suffered.
- Employee rights. Our attorneys will work closely with you to explain your rights as an employee, as well as address any violations of your rights, including retaliation issues related to workers’ compensation.
Workers’ compensation cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. If we accept your case, there is no fee unless we recover benefits for you.
When And Why To File A Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you are injured, first seek medical assistance. You will need to provide your supervisor with notice of your injury and document as much information as possible. As your attorneys, we will guide you through this process. We can help you set yourself up for success in your claim.
You can file for workers’ compensation any time you suffer an injury while at work or performing job duties. This includes accidents while driving a work vehicle, injuries from machinery or strains from repetitive actions. Workers’ compensation benefits are a way to ensure workers’ health and security in the workplace. Workers’ compensation can help provide for medical care and monetary benefits while you are out of work.
Do not worry about your employer holding your filing for benefits against you. Any retaliation for a workers’ compensation claim is illegal. If you believe you are being punished for filing a workers’ compensation claim, please tell our lawyers immediately.
Let Us Guide You Through The Process
We invite you to contact Sousa & Minogue, LLC, at 800-807-2893 to schedule a free consultation and to discuss your workers’ compensation claim with an experienced lawyer. We represent clients in Shelton, Bridgeport, and throughout New Haven and Fairfield counties. You can get the ball rolling by sending us a connection email that lets us know you are interested in hearing more about how we can help you. Our law office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Weekend and after-hours appointments are available upon request. We can travel to your home or hospital to meet. Se habla español.