Menu free initial consultations
Sousa & Minogue, LLC

800-807-2893 Hablamos español

The Experience You Need To Achieve The Successful Case Results You Deserve.

What expenses does workers' compensation cover in Connecticut?

If you have recently suffered an injury at work, you may be wondering what benefits workers' compensation can offer you. Whether you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident or lost a limb in a manufacturing environment, workers' compensation can help you during your recovery.

Traumatic injuries are not the only kind covered. Work-related illnesses and long-term issues, such as repetitive stress injuries, are also covered by workers' compensation insurance. If you aren't sure if your work injury meets criteria for workers' compensation, speaking with an experienced attorney is wise.

Who can receive workers' compensation?

The state of Connecticut has a very inclusive workers' compensation insurance law. Coverage applies to anyone who works as an employee, no matter the size of the business, number of weekly hours worked, legal immigration status, age, or duration of employment. The primary exception are independent contractors who work in their own offices and those who work in a private residence for no more than 26 hours per week. Anyone else who suffers an injury on the job will likely receive adequate coverage for their injury via workers' compensation.

What benefits do workers receive through worker's compensation?

One of the best known forms of workers' compensation insurance coverage is medical coverage. Those hurt or sickened at work will be able to request coverage of their medical expenses, from trauma care to rehabilitation services and physical therapy. Some people are not aware that workers' compensation will also cover job training if your injury leaves you unable to stay in your previous position or career. It can also cover your lost wages while you recuperate, ensuring you can keep your family stable and safe while you focus on your medical recovery.

An attorney can help with your workers' compensation claim

There are certain steps you need to follow in order for your injury or illness to be covered by workers' compensation insurance. You must file an incident report with your employer if there was a worksite accident. You must also file a claim with the state. Sometimes, even if your injury should be covered, initial claims are denied. This can be due to paperwork issues or even your employer contesting the claim. Retaining the services of an experienced workers' compensation attorney is the best means of ensuring your claim processing is accurate and fair.

When you're recovering from a serious injury, you shouldn't have to worry about paperwork and mounting medical bills. Partnering with an experienced personal injury and workers' compensation attorney can help you focus on your recovery instead of protecting your family and finances.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

take the first step - request a free consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get In Touch

Sousa & Minogue, LLC
375 Bridgeport Avenue Suite 9
Shelton, CT 06484

Toll Free: 800-807-2893
Shelton Law Office Map