Menu free initial consultations
Sousa & Minogue, LLC

800-807-2893 Hablamos español

The Experience You Need To Achieve The Successful Case Results You Deserve.

Workers' compensation FAQ

What should I do in the immediate aftermath of my workplace injury?

It is important that you report the injury as well as the circumstances surrounding it to your supervisor. Document the injury with a written report and file it with your employer's human resources department. If any of your co-workers or supervisors witnessed the accident, request that they also provide a written statement that is provided to your employer's human resources office as well as yourself.

Will I need assistance from a workers' compensation attorney?

It is prudent to ally with an experienced workers' compensation attorney. A knowledgeable lawyer understands exactly what needs to be done to increase the odds of compensation for lost wages and medical bills. He or she will zealously advocate on your behalf to prove that a causal relationship between your injury and your workplace activities exists.

What is an IME?

An IME is an acronym that stands for independent medical examination. Oftentimes, employers, insurance companies and workers' compensation court judges request that the claimant undergo an IME. The purpose of this medical examination is for an unbiased medical expert to determine if the worker's injured body site is actually causally related to his workplace activities.

Will I be covered by workers' compensation insurance?

The answer to this question differs by the circumstances of each injury. If your workers' compensation attorney can prove that a causal relationship exists between your workplace activity and your injury, you will likely receive compensation, whether it is in the form of no-cost medical treatment, no-cost medical devices or payments to cover lost wages. Certain employees are not eligible for workers' compensation benefits, but most are. If you have any doubt as to whether you are covered by workers' compensation, reach out to an attorney who has experience handling workers' comp claims.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

take the first step - request a free consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Get In Touch

Sousa & Minogue, LLC
375 Bridgeport Avenue Suite 9
Shelton, CT 06484

Toll Free: 800-807-2893
Shelton Law Office Map