A Lawyer Who’s There For You
I am a new Associate Attorney at Sousa & Minogue, LLC. My mission is to maximize the benefits injured workers in Connecticut are entitled to under the law. I want to make a difference by working directly with injured workers throughout Connecticut and ensure they receive all the medical treatment and benefits they are entitled to under the law.
I joined Sousa & Minogue, LLC, as an Associate Attorney in the fall of 2022. I was also a Summer Associate with the firm in 2020 and spent various summers before law school, working as a paralegal with the firm, gaining extensive experience in handling workers' compensation matters. Immediately prior to joining Sousa & Minogue, LLC, as an Associate Attorney, I was a legal research law clerk for the Connecticut Superior Courts, where I was able to work directly with Superior Court judges throughout Connecticut.
I graduated from University of Connecticut School of Law with Honors in 2021. During my time at UConn law, I was the Online Publication Editor of the Connecticut Law Review. Additionally, I interned at the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, where I mediated and investigated claims of employment discrimination. Further, during law school, I worked as a law clerk with Senator Richard Blumenthal's Judiciary Committee staff.
I have also published a Student Note in the Connecticut Law Review, which argued that employers and their insurance carriers should reimburse claimants' expenses in obtaining medical cannabis. Sydnee Sousa, Note, Connecticut Workers' Compensation Coverage for Medical Cannabis in the Age of the Opioid Crisis, 53 Conn. L. Rev. 945 (2022). You can find the Note here: http://ssrn.com/abstract=4177434.
- Legal Research Law Clerk, Connecticut Superior Courts, 2021 to 2022
- Judiciary Law Clerk, Office of Senator Richard Blumenthal, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, Spring 2020
- Law Student Intern, University of Connecticut School of Law Mediation Clinic, Fall 2019
- Certified Legal Intern, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, Summer 2019
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2021
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: CALI Excellence Award for Advanced Legal Research and Advanced Topics in Regulation
- Honors: Granted Public Interest Law Group Fellowship, 2019 and 2020
- Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2017
- Honors: GPA: 3.80; Pi Sigma Alpha (The National Political Science Honor Society)
- Major: Government
- Minor: History
- Connecticut, 2021